Background


Sunday, August 14, 2005

"excerpt from sunday talk"

Last night I had to drive on the freeway, alone, at night, and for all those who know me well know I do not like to drive on the freeway at all let alone at night. I kept dreading the belt route that I would have to take to get home because you go around that turn extremely fast. I accidentally took the exit right before that and had no idea where I was. Before me was this humongous intersection and I didn't know how to go through it. I thought to myself I'll just follow what everyone else does and maybe that will get me home. Wrong idea!!! I ended up in West Jordan. I knew which way I was supposed to be heading so I made a right turn and stayed on that road for a while trying to think of what to do next. I just kept praying hoping I'd figure out where I was, and suddenly out of no where I knew exactly where I was.

Isn't that how life is sometimes? We make a wrong turn and suddenly we're lost. Then when you think you can do it alone you decide you start to follow everyone else and that doesn't do any good. then you make a RIGHT decision, pray for guidence, and suddenly you know where and who you are. Life's funny sometimes and you have to make the best of it that you can.

2 comments:

AngieDoodle said...

That's so true. Thanks for sharing those words of wisdom with me. It sounds like you had an awesome talk! You're the best! Love ya!

Mrs. McGee said...

I know the exact exit your speaking of, its a tough one. the signs say "next exit" but they should say "not this "next one", the next, next one". sorry you got lost,that is such a scary feeling. i am glad you prayed and found your way home :)-Gc