Background


Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Not how I thought it would be

Well, my sister is now a ture Sister missionary as she has left for Ukraine. My family got a call from her this morning at 8:30 and we were able to talk to her for about an hour with 3 people on 3 different phones listening intently. After we said our goodbyes my parents had the idea to go see her plane leave. We knew which kind it would be and about what time her flight would leave so we all got in the Tahoe and sped off to the airport to "see" her plane off. We all kind of got a little melancholy when we saw what we thought was my sisters plane, but then we all got excited thinking of the wonderful experiences she would have. She then called again when she reached Chicago and it was only my mother and me this time. That was really special because we didn't have to share with anyone else. It was just us girls talking. My sister told me that she had seen some of my friends at the MTC, an Elder Dalton and Elder Peterson. Elder Peterson asked my sister if I was waiting for a certain Elder already on his mission and when she said YES he said oh ok. Sadly enough I had a crush on this guy a while ago. I then spoke my last goodbye to her for the next 15 months and after she hung up my mother and I both sighed a little and then got excited again for her. Anyway, the reason for this title is because I thought that I'd be bawling today but I'm so happy for my sister, and thinking about it 3 months have already gone by meaning my sis has only 1 year and 3 months to go. The time will speed by like a pack of flying monkeys. I'm just so proud of her and I had to tell you all so dont worry about me, I'm perfectly happy.

2 comments:

fezzik said...

Wow! That's awesome, Gani. Holy cow, it doesn't seem like 3 months already to me, either! Of course, it's kind of different for me, but...anyway, that's amazing.

AngieDoodle said...

Pack of flying monkies? Wow. It must be dang fast. Well, Gani, I love you. I am so glad that it was a good experience for you! Oh, and don't worry about Elder Peterson. He may start writing to you anyway. You know how guys love competition. :) Have a great day!