Background


Friday, July 20, 2007

realization

I've been the night manager of a restraunt for about a month now and I gotta tell you that it has been the most stressful thing that I have ever done in my life. I didn't choose to be the night manager, I was asked to be it. I would never take it back because I have definately grown a lot through out this but I am just having a hard time with this new responsibilty. It's hard to feel that you aren't good enough, that you don't measure up to those around you or who came before, and it's really hard to swallow when you are told this everyday. I feel like I can't ever do it. I hate that I don't have the best sense of humor, I hate that I feel like I have to compete with others, I hate hate hate having these feelings. I'm constantly worrying if I did a good job the night before or if my boss is going to ream me again for not doing anything right. If it's not for getting out too late, it's that I didn't send people home when we weren't busy and I know that my boss and his pet elizabeth are always laughing at me when I make a mistake. Then again, I hate it when people tell me, "you know, maybe this kind of management isn't for you". I want to do this, I have to, to prove it to myself and to others. I want to do a good job, I want to accomplish this. I will come out conquerer.

1 comment:

AngieDoodle said...

You can do it, Gani. And remember what you just told me today...only five more weeks! Love ya!