Background


Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Wide awake at 5

I sit on my couch trying to finish my assignment that is due at 7:30 in the morning,
sleep tries to overcome me at 2 in the morning.
I listen to beautiful music placed for my listening by mater,
my down comforter is calling my name at 3 in the morning.
I text mater to see if he's still working on his assignment due in the morning
because at 4 in the morning I need something to keep me awake.
I look at the clock saying that it's 5 in the morning,
oddly I'm wide awake.
I find myself not wanting to go to bed
because who can wake up at 7 in the morning when they went to sleep at 5.
I don't want to miss the sunrise
so I stay up the whole morning to see it.
I will probably regret this later
because I'm wide awake at 5!

3 comments:

Princess Consuela Banana Hammock said...

not only that, but you must continue on to say how you still wide awake at 9, watching One tree hill until 11, showering going to class at 12, going out to lunch with roommates at 1:30pm, and then to work from 4 till 10pm... =)

Holli said...

Holy insanity! Kudos for being able to pull off an all nighter. I have yet to do so in my young life. But I honestly don't think I could do it. However I have made it to 5am before crashing. I guess that's something to be proud of. :)
-H.bear

fezzik said...

Wow. You've been awake the whole day! :) I think you'll be crashing early tonight.